Thursday, June 2, 2016

KUALA LUMPUR FEDERAL TERRITORY: Kuala Lumpur Main Post Office

I have visited the Kuala Lumpur Main Post Office a few times before but this is my first visit on a day that a stamp is issued. Interested to see the large crowd of philatelist. The First Day Cover cancellations are done by two postal staff. There is a separate counter for senior age group. Here are a few of the First Day Covers that I created.

Federal Territory - Kuala Lumpur GPO - 2017





On August 21, 2017, I was at Kuala Lumpur Main Post Office again for the KL 2017 29th SEA Games stamp issue - first time I queued up to get signature on First Day Cover by stamp designer.










First Day Cover with Kuala Lumpur cancellation. Thanks to J Stamps.





Other First Day Covers with Kuala Lumpur cancellations.



I visited Kuala Lumpur Main Post Office to buy the stamps and covers and got the signature of the stamp designer on site. Also went to KLCC Post Office and Seri Petaling Post Office which are post offices closest to the KL Convention Center and Bukit Jalil Stadium and Sports Complex where the many events of the SEA Games are held. At the same time, went to Cheras Makmur Post Office and Taman Connaught Post office to get the First Day Cancellation for my collection.



National Day Celebration 2018


No comments: